[Harp-L] Review of Paul Messinger's CD "America"

CD Review of ³America²

To throw around phrases like ³landmark² & ³groundbreaking² always seem a
little Hollywood to me. However, sitting down to review Paul Messinger¹s
newest project, ³America,² I don¹t know what other adjectives fit better.

Perhaps thoughtful? the title cut ³America² pays testament to that.
Paul sets the stage beautifully for what follows with this composition.

Maybe relevant? ³Device Dyslexia,² really sums up most of us these days.

You could say poignant? ³Blameless² is highly emotional and touching without
being cloying.

Of course, it¹s timely? ³Iowa² hits the mark every time I watch the National
news. (Love the play on words at the end of this one!)

Then again, we could look at Paul¹s skills as a producer. He sees the big
picture so much better than most artists who indulge themselves with solo
after solo. Paul picks his spots and showcases his chops with restraint and
taste.

Oh yeah, he wrote or co-wrote all the material as well. Each song ties in
with the previous one and makes the listener pay attention.

The sonic quality of this CD is first class and then some. I have had the
aural pleasure of hearing Paul¹s CDs get better with each release and this
one has raised the bar again.

Being a fellow harmonica player, I would be remiss if I did not mention that
Mr. Messinger¹s style is like no other I am aware of. Part Blues, part Funk,
part Reggae, part R&B, truly his own and just plain good.

One other note?. I can¹t think of anyone that gets a better recorded sound
on the diatonic harmonica, but that¹s a whole other subject. I will sum it
up by just saying, well done!

Ok?I threw out several adjectives but can¹t really think of better ones than
³landmark² and ³groundbreaking.²
There, I said it! Kudos Paul?Kudos.

This CD is available at the following location and has my highest
recommendation.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/paulmessinger

--
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx