[Harp-L] RE: harmonica for the lung-challenged?

I was diagnosed with COPD some years ago and though I played "at" the harmonica, I didn't really get into it until around 7 years ago when my band got back together after a long down time. At the suggestion of one of my band mates I got serious about the harp. Investigating the instrument I ran across an article about the benefits of harmonica for COPD and other lung problems which made me work even harder at it. I feel certain that it has helped since the breathing exercises given by therapists were not unlike the breathing in and out in harmonica playing. Playing the harp is a lot more fun than anything they came up with, and I'm sticking with it.
Lare Sattler    The Little Chicago Band    Canton, Ohio