[Harp-L] Re: Banned from Slidemeister

As Jon Kip said, welcome to the club. When I first started making chromatic combs someone asked about them on there so I replied. Shortly after I had to deal with AJ Fedor. After locking my thread and a number of messages back and forth I pretty much told him that regardless of what he decided I wouldn't have anything more to do with his forum and his heavy handed nonsense. From what I understand he's systematically banned pretty much anyone and everyone that has or does make harmonica parts or customs. Personally to this day I won't even try to rejoin, and if someone on there has a question or makes a post regarding something of mine I just tell the person that told me that if they want to make a post to answer a question that's fine, but I won't have anything to do with the group. It's kind of a bummer to because it really turned me off to the chromatic community, well not the community perse, but trying to be a part of it. As you stated these forums are the main means of letting folks know about what we're doing and what we've done. If we're not allowed to tell folks how are they ever going to know. Luckily for you, as others have said, you are the most well known of us that have that mad scientist gene, and regardless of whether you can post on slidemeister if you build it they will come.

Chris Reynolds

Owner - BlowYourBrassOff.com - Maker of fine custom harmonicas
http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com
http://www.facebook.com/blowyourbrassoff

When I go to the "Chromatic harmonica Only" online group Slidemeister,
this is the friendly welcome message that greets me:

"SORRY BRENDAN POWER, YOU ARE BANNED FROM POSTING AND SENDING PERSONAL
MESSAGES ON THIS FORUM. THIS BAN IS NOT SET TO EXPIRE"

It came about because of fallout from a recent post notifying folks on
Slidemeister about my new Twin-Harmonica System.