re: [Harp-L] Banned from Slidemeister

I too was effectively banned form Slidemeister - for doing nothing more than answering a list member’s legitimate question and pointing out that my product was one designed to solve his particular problem.

I think Slidemeister has it wrong.

The harmonica market is worldwide, with no geographic concentrations big enough to support conventional retail advertising.  I try hard to contribute to the lists and forums where I participate; granted I am not a chromatic expert in any sense of the word so I can contribute less to Slidemeister. And I try to really limit the self-promotional messages. But if I introduce an important new product (as I have done recently with The Heumann Element, for example, which I haven’t even mentioned previously on HARP-L) - these lists ARE the best way to let harp players around the world know about it - and in my experience they are overwhelmingly accepting and appreciative of such posts. How else do harmonica players find out about anything but the bottom rung mass merchant gear - EXCEPT by word of mouth? That is part of the great value of these lists to ALL players. Far fewer people would know about Brendan’s brilliant work, or Tom Halchak’s or Greg Jones' or Randy Landry's or a host of other “too small to advertise in Time Magazine” businesses if it were NOT for HARP-L and the internet forums.

I had this discussion (privately) with the management of Slidemeister. It didn’t work.

/Greg

http://blowsmeaway.com
http://facebook.com/blowsmeawayproductions

When responding to this email, please include the copy of our previous conversations.