Re: [Harp-L] Re: Daisy chaining amps, was Running Amps In Tandem

Gerald Weber of Kendrick amp fame was an advocate of plugging into one amp then out into another using the inputs to parallel the signal. It doesn't hurt amplifiers wired with paralleled inputs, older Fenders being a primary example of this. He talks about this in his first mp book which I have but am not able to find in less than 30 seconds.

I used to do this with a 1961 Blonde Bassman head into my 1960 Fender Concert. I did need to run the Bassman with a speaker load to keep from destroying the output transformer. I wasn't doing it for volume, either one of those amps is very loud. The tone was to die for. If I recall correctly I was using an older 545 as my microphone.

Then I bought a White Higher Fidelity and never ever looked back again. If you can't hear me in the house with the White mic'd into the mains and if I can't hear myself with the White as my monitor then it's just too damned loud and everybody needs to turn down.

White Higher Fidelity translates into Fender Tweed Princeton. They're pretty much the same amp and they were both made by Fender. fjm