[Harp-L] Misfit Harmonica- It Blows

 Greetings:

With all the latest excitement over new harmonica designs, patents, being able to play whole, quarter, half, octave tone trills,  who did what first and when, with how many harmonicas, played through various orafi,  etc., I thought I'd throw this into the mix for some lighter fare.   From the amazing soundtrack creators and sound designers at 8dio who provide excellent sample libraries to some of the top film, video, TV, and game soundtrack composers in the business...

How about a harmonica that you can play with a Keyboard!  Or any midi wind controller?

http://8dio.com/?mc_cid=d060fa0a96&mc_eid=9f9e206c67#instrument/misfit-harmonica-vst-au-aax/
---
Description-

"The Misfit Harmonicas are a deep-sampled collection of raw, gritty, human harmonica. We recorded different harmonicas (same brand) to cover the largest octave range possible and went pretty damn deep on the articulations. So whether you want to bend up, bend down, go into vibrato or trills or maybe just go olskool go chugga-chugga on staccato its all there. We also recorded the harmonicas with two microphones (dynamic and close), so you can dial in the right grit. Everything is raw, real and there is over 8.700 samples of pure harmonious harmonica.

Our idea was to approach the roots of modern music, a raw and gritty touch with an aroma of the authentic old-style blues. We have included our 3.0 Chaos FX Engine, so out of the box, not only do you own a unique product, but also a product packed with effects that will give you unlimited possibilities to get the sound youâre looking for.

We hope you enjoy playing with this product as much as we enjoyed creating it for you (and ourselves!) : o )))"
-------

If any SF- Bay Area Harpers on this list got the first call to be the player(s) on these sampling recording sessions- let me know.  Sounds like it was a blast.

Happy Holidays to all harmonica misfits out there! :)

Burke T.- Audio Producer
Open Door Productions
Open Door Harmonicas
www.opendoorprod.com