[Harp-L] RE: running amps in tandem

I used to have a harpgear 2 that I gigged with, and sometimes it just
wasn't loud enough. So i used its lineout to run into another amp (a
pignose that I had taken the guts out of and put in an old Peavey combo
cabinet with a 12" celestion in it)... The harpgear stacked on the pignose
worked pretty well. I got way more volume than the harpgear alone. I'd set
the harpgear up the way I wanted, for best tone, and then turn the pignose
on, with no dirt just clean, and gradually turn the volume up until I had
the sound up where I wanted. It worked just fine, and I could turn one amp
towards the audience and one toward myself for a monitor. But these days
you can get powered monitors pretty cheap, and just lineout a memphis mini
or whatever into that. It just has to be "feedback friendly." My Behringer
B215D's work well.

I've read that Little Walter used to daisy chain a bunch of champs (mic
into input 1, input 2 lines out into the next amp's input 1, etc.)  I'd
guess that was before he had his big rig built (the one with all the 8"
speakers in it). Supposedly he would have the champs daisy chained all
around the club like a surround sound. But as others have noted, you're
gonna get signal loss since you're cutting the signal's power in half...
you need buffering, a powered splitter, or a true "lineout" if you want to
goose the 2nd amp.