[Harp-L] The TWIN-HARMONICA SYSTEM is Announced

I posted this on another forum - I thought it might be useful for people
interested in the possibilities afforded by this system.

================

The enharmonics on the DoubleChrom make for some very interesting
possibilities.  The projections below are for diminished chromatic tuning;
perhaps someone else will figure it out for solo-tuning or other chromatic
tunings.

Unless I've made a mistake, it looks that no matter what way we have the
slides, as long as one goes up a semitone and one a tone, you can play any
note and therefore can play any scale or pattern as all blow and all draw.
One of the problems in shifting between blow and draw is that we lose the
legato of continuing with an all blow or all draw pattern.  Harmonica
tunings with lots of enharmonics (diminished, Brendan's Slide Diatonic, my
Irish Fiddle tuning, others) mitigate that to some degree, but there's
usually some point where you have to change breath direction.

So any phrase on a Diminished DoubleChrom could be all blow or all draw.
Let's test that assertion.  We just have to prove that any note in a dimi
hole or neighbouring hole is available as blow or draw

So if we have a cross section here of the "top harp" if we want to think of
it as being logically on top (it may not be, depending on how we arrange
the tuning and slides):
hole                4  5    6
blow slide in    F   Ab B
blow slide out  E  G   Bb
draw slide out  F# A   C
draw slide in    G  Bb Db

And with a 2nd type of slider going up a tone this gives us the "bottom
harp" :
hole                  4   5   6
blow slide in      G  Bb Db
blow slide out    F#  A C
draw slide out    Ab B  D
draw slide in      A   C  Eb

So let's look at each note in hole 5 to see where it also exists - that's
enough to extrapolate everywhere for the diminished tuning:
G: hole 5 blow slide out (top harp)
G: hole 4 draw slide in  (top harp) - bendable
G: hole 4 blow slide in  (bottom harp selected with whole tone slider, is
the same as F on top harp but shifted up a tone on bottom harp)

Ab: hole 5 blow slide in (top harp)
Ab: hole 4 draw slide out (bottom harp, F# -> Ab) - bendable