[Harp-L] twin-harmonica questions

Congradulations on yet another fantastic new design, Brendan.  I remember seeing John Infande's Octave or Tremolo chromatic designs at a Spah way back, and you seem to have solved some of the ergonomic issues which were problematic (your use of CAD and 3D printing is very innovative).

I really love the designs (and the colors--as an old Stefan Edberg fan the Swedish variant is fun) and am especially interested in the X-reed Powerchromatic idea.  It has the potential to take an already interestingness idea even farther.

That said, I do have a few questions.  These would probably be best answered by buying one, but just thought I'd ask.

First, as this is a slider based design I wonder how you have managed to achieve what seem in the videos to be exceptional levels of airtightness. For instance, I have a two-slide Chordmonica and it leaks like a sieve.  But your three-slide (well, two in series) version certainly sounds much more responsive than I think my Chordmonica could be no matter how much work it revolves.  Similarly, the bending you do on the X-reed variant seems more similar to the levels of airtightness I've only seen with Vern's Hands-Free mouthpiece. Very impressive.

Ok, not really sure that's a question as opposed to just trying to further sound you out on this.

Second, and this is a question.  For something like a tremolo or octave design what would you say are the advantages and disadvantages of the Twin-Harmonica verses something along the lines of Suzuki's tremolo chromatic design?

Finally, would you consider custom orders?  I have something I've wanted to try for a long time, and this might be the way to do it... (Long term thinking, unlikely to happen anytime soon:)

Thanks for this fascinating new instrument.  Just neat.  You should think about showing at the NAMM show this winter.  You'd have a good chance of winning the prestigious NAMM Oddities website's Oddity of the Year, IMO.

JR Ross