Re: [Harp-L] Memphis Mini amp demos with Delay pedal

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

> for blues--only a few repeats, short delay time, delay signal balanced
> with the original signal.

Richard's work is always clear and to the point. (Browse his website:
http://www.hunterharp.com/)

   1. I NEVER use more than ONE return echo, long or short, because it
   clutters the rhythm. (One exception would be during a special effect mood
   where there is little or nothing else going on, not typical blues.)
   Multiple repeats MUST have TAP-tempo synchronization.
   2. "delay signal balanced with the original" means 50-50 mix. Slap echo
   can be *nearly* as loud as original signal. It remains snug and
   un-cluttered, because the echo is very short. Here is where multiple
   repeats are NOT recommended. They will either fill up the space between
   notes sounding like a bad ricochet, or be indistinguishably low in the mix
   anyway. More is not better. I mix SLAP at slightly LESS than 50-50.

Read everything. Experiment (at home), and have FUN on stage!
-- Unless you have adopted the deep, dark, moody, mysterious,
unapproachable, uber-cool persona. <grin>

--
Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)