[Harp-L] Least Harps to Cover Most Keys

Fellow Harp Players,

I am well versed in the first three positions of the diatonic harp. I have limited space in my car to keep harps and was wondering what would be the fewest harps to keep in the car (contingency harps) for covering the most popular keys. Turns out it is a simple as A-Bb-C!

Harp Keys   (1st, 2nd and 3rd positions)
A harp              Keys of A, E and B
Bb                    Keys of Bb, F and C
C                      Keys of C, G and D

So the keys covered are:   A, B, Bb, C, D, E, F, G

Three harps for the eight popular keys.

Best

Tim Gartland
tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx