Re: [Harp-L] Fw: Shtreiml & Ismail Fencioglu Live (Harmonica and Oud Wizardry)

Hi Michael,

I guess you're right...I always thought of positions purely as modal and in direct relation to the key of the Harmonica...so if you're playing in third you're playing Dorian and fourth aeolian, 5th Phrygian etc. I didn't think there was a position for say playing in f# minor on a c harp...but I guess if you keep counting around the cycle of fifths you'd get to it. (7th position minor)

We'll thank you for commenting...I hope people enjoy the new CD as well...it's called Eastern Hora...there's plenty of harmonica to be sure, but I'm proud that it's all original "traditional" music.

J.

Sent from my iPhone