Re: [Harp-L] Question for Rick Epping or others

I'm not sure because SP20 reed plates have never employed date codes. Golden Melodies used pins through at least 1997, with a brief screw excursion prior to that before returning to pins. FWIW on a harp older than that, I'd pay attention to the stamping of the slots. If the side opposite the reeds looks kinda smashed in, that's exactly what happened instead of a nice clean punch-through. When they're like that they aren't a great core to work with IMO.
Cheers
Joe Spiers
http://www.spiersharmonicas.com