To: "Music Cal" <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "harp-L list" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] flattening the slide

I would not attempt to flatten a bent slide unless it would not function as is and there is nothing to lose. A long, gentle, end-to-end curve won’t do any harm because the mouthpiece assembly will force it straight. Straightening a slide with short-radius kinks may be theoretically possible but is not practical. Because it does not have a uniform cross-section, it will not bend evenly. You are as likely to harm as to help. Get a new slide.

Vern