Re: [Harp-L] chromatic solo (rob)

I agree that musicians should take a supportive role whenever somebody is taking the lead, whether it is a singer or another instrument.  As Rob demonstrated, the goal should always be to make that lead soloist sound as good as possible.  I only responded (and I regretted responding the moment I hit the Send button) because I recently encountered a great guitarist who walked off a good paying recording job when told to hold back and play no better than the “star” harmonica player (who was rather mediocre).  The guitarist is very well known and they probably wanted to use his name to add legitimacy to the project.