Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp players gear lists? blah blah longish

Robert Laughlin wrote:
>"The ones who can be bought off with a handful of harmonicas, even harps
>they don't really like and wouldn't otherwise use?"
>
>As I mentioned in a previous post, most probably too long and full of
>unnecessary detail (for which reason you might have missed it),
>
>Similar harps, of similar quality, but made by differing
>manufacturers,,Suzuki, Hohner, etc.,, are available at varying but similar
>price ranges. It wouldn't be beyond the imagination to find that for certain
>players, skilled on almost any reasonably built harp, the brand or model
>wouldn't seemingly be as much a factor, as much as perhaps a backroom deal
>for sponsorship would, involving free harps or other hidden rewards, such as
>publicity. This does not mean that they would end up playing harps the they
>"don't really like, and wouldn't otherwise use."

I still don't understand what justifies the notion that the best harp players in the world are whoring themselves out.  However, I absolutely don't need or want you to explain it again.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick