Re: [Harp-L] How Musical Theater differs from Blues gigs and jams

Robert, you've hit the nail on the head.

I played the show at two different venues in the 90s--one was a HS with
VERY limited budget for professional musicians, the second was a
semi-professional playhouse.  For the HS gig, I was  given the piano score
and instructed to play all cues everytime  that the harmonica part was
tacet.  For the playhouse gig, I was given selected parts to cover,
and think I played chord harmonica to fill.

At the moment, I'm playing electric bass for Wizard of Oz.  So yes, I
always have my Post-It-Notes, a dozen of sharpened pencils, and
HIGHLIGHTERS (only because I always photocopy my music and shred it at the
end of the show.  Also I am able to avert bad page turns with fold out
pages since playing electric bass, I don't have a hand to spare!

George

--

   - *GEORGE MIKLAS,* Harmonica Performing Artist and
Entertainer<http://harmonicagallery.com/>

   - *THE HARMONICA WIZARD MARCH* by John Philip
Sousa<http://harmonicagallery.com/sousa>

   - *HARMONICA REPAIR* Done Right by George<http://harmonicagallery.com/repair>
   - *HOHNER <http://us.playhohner.com/>*
*HARMONICAS*<http://us.playhohner.com/>*...Just
   Breathe* <http://us.playhohner.com/>
   - *SPAH *- *S*ociety for the *P*reservation and *A*dvancement of the *H*
   armonica, <http://spah.org/>
      - *a non-profit, membership organization dedicated to serving the
      harmonica community. <http://spah.org/>*