[Harp-L] Finding the correct key of harp to play bluegrass

Oh no....more bluegrass harmonica questions. On our northern migration from Florida to the mountains of Virginia I came upon a bluegrass station and tried to play along. Well having a full octaves of harps with me I was only successful in playing with one song. It seemed to be in d. I was able to get the c harp to sound ok playing in third position and played the d harp in first position. But the other six songs I was not able to get a harp to sound good with the music!!!

Are there any rules to do to find the the correct harp ( like going up four steps to do find the the correct cross harp? Are there a few keys that bluerass is performed in?  If a banjo is playing in g  What would be a good harp choice?

Thanks for the guidance.
BOB PISCURA