[Harp-L] RE: swinging sixteenths

a swing is just a 4/4 time where you skip the 2... the one is drawn out and
you quickly hit the 3 and 4. I think of it in terms of percussion. A long
open high hat that covers the one and two, and a snare on three, and a
snare on four. OOOOOONE and uh TWOOOOO and uh THREEEEEE and uh FOUUUUUR and
uh....   I think a real swing may be slightly off beat, but it is a basic
4/4 time.  But I always hear the drums. Tsssssss bat dat, Tssssss bad dat,
Tssssss bat dat.... As far as a "swinging 16th" i don't think there
actually is such a thing. The quarter note swings. Not the sixteeenth. A
sixteenth is just a sixteenth.

BUT IF you made it swing...

A sixteenth is counted... ONE two three four TWO two three four THREE two
three four FOUR two three four
usually said as  ONE ey and uh TWO ey and uh THREE ey and uh FOUR ey and
uh....

So to swing it you would count: OOOONE three four TWOOOOO three four
THREEEEE three four FOOOOOUR three four which is the same as OOONNE and uh
TWOOO and uh THREEEE and uh FOOUUURRRR and uh.... which is just like a
guarter note swing, but faster.

I would think that the BPM of the song would have to be pretty dang slow
for the 16th swing note to come into play.