[Harp-L] Re: Jay Gaunt

I was Jay Gaunt's production manager in 2008 - 2010.   Thought enough of
him to put him on the main stage of the 2009 Greeley  Blues Jam... opening for
Doug Kershaw, Charlie  Musselwhite, Marcia Ball, Walter Trout and Ronnie
Baker  Brooks.  A very young Nic Clark was lurking about as  well, it was a
fine day indeed.

Jay was being considered for a nomination just  after that time but it
didn't fly, he was only around 16 years  old.  I think there was a preliminary
round which  mirrored the nomination event, sort of a nomination to be
nominated  thing... but I could have that part mixed up.  Guessing there were
those who wanted to see him pay some dues prior to being given that honor.

He's a very talented young man, I wouldn't be at  all surprised to learn
that it has come up again and that he's made it  through.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Microphones
harmonicaplanet.com

I heard a rumor Jay Gaunt, the young harmonica prodigy has been  nominated
for a Grammy.  Is this true?   I hope  so.   Chris Mastakas