Re: [Harp-L] Orbison's Candy Man - Black & White video

The sad truth here, I believe, is that the general standard and thus expectations of harmonica playing is so pitifully low that this passed as acceptable, possibly even "good".
  Generally when it comes to Elvis C. I count it as a good day if I haven´t heard a thing from him singing, nor seen him -- and to that I now add harmonica playing. The guy is energetic, no doubt, and not wholly devoid of talent, that´s fair to say, but it can´t be helped: he´s a wanker.
Cheers,
Martin

<ElvisC
 is a great song writer IMO, especially his earlier stuff ( My Aim is
True, etc ) however, I totally agree with you on his harp playing... D
or maybe <a C- grade at best . I would guess he might have talked a big
game beforehand about playing harp on that song and Roy didn't want to
hurt his feelings.
*** Mike