Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 121, Issue 37

I think harmonica goes back to the birth of country music. Henry
Whitter<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Whitter>was an early
country singer who was the first to record the traditional
harmonica tunes. Harmonica was also on some of the tracks recorded in the
famous
Bristol Sessions <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_sessions> in 1927.

If you consider Wayne Raney's Lost John Boogie to be rock and roll, then
that
might be the first rock and roll harmonica. It was recorded in 1947.

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com