[Harp-L] Adler/Hot Club de France

The heck with Richard Trobridge and his lead on Larry Adler playing with the
Hot Club de France!

Now he has sent me off in chase of another "must have" instead of engaging
in much needed actual practice.

When I was only a primary school kid I was introduced to the Hot Club by an
older brother who was developing an interest in Jazz. Later in life I
introduced myself to Larry Adler and I even heard him play live in Dublin -
accompanying himself on the piano.

Stephan Grapelli performed here in Galway with a local trad fiddler Frankie
Gavin when he was in his nineties. He was not too steady on his feet at the
time, but still well able to drive the fiddle. I won't forget that concert.

Yes these guys were special alright.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana