Re: [Harp-L] Amp modeler vs. tube amp pricing

Ive spent thousands on amps but now I just use an rp through the PA , I
don't use many effects in fact I did the whole of our last gig using a
delay patch , that was all . And for the sound I want ive found the rp with
Richards patches has given me better tone than I ever got through a tube
amp. That's just me and I`m not saying ones better than the other but for
ease of set up, virtually unlimited volume, great tone with lush reverbs
and delays ( theres much more but I only use delays and reverbs ) and no
amp to lug around the country, I found the rp was by far the best way
forward tor me. I`m not a blues player and don't seek those overdriven
tones desired by so many but I`m pretty sure the rp does a great job there
too. In saying that I do own a wonderful custom made harp amp and cant
resist having a blast through it with one of Gregs ultimate 545s !! but do
I want to lug it to gigs anymore ? Only if I was doing a pure blues gig,
Like I said before the rp is far better suited to my style of play

Gary