Re: [Harp-L] HG Double Trouble

While it's not a mod, when I ordered my Double Trouble I had a single 12" Eminence Canibis Rex speaker installed by Brian instead of the 2 8" speakers. It was recommended by Brian to give it more low end. I have been playing it for about 5 years now and truly love the sound. Lots of rich, creamy and fat low end. I use a Lone Wolf Harp Delay and a Kinder AFB+ anti feedback. It always sounds great. I also have a Harpgear 2 with the standard 8" which does not have near the low end of my Double Trouble. I have a friend locally that has a Double Trouble with the 2 8" speakers and he was amazed at how different the sound was between the 2 amps. If you are looking for the big low end type of sound then I would recommend this change. I'm sure you could get a new baffle board from Brian if you decide to make the change. The only other mod I have made is putting is some vintage tubes to replace the stock ones that the amp comes with. The speaker is the heart of the sound of the amp.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
Texas Tide Band
www.texastide.com
210-494-1118

Has anyone done any mods to a HG Double Trouble with any good effect?