Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 121, Issue 19

Greg et al; I'd love to hear Richard be the control player for both.

I own and periodically use an RP 350 rig with Richards patch set, even though my amp, pedalboard and Greg Heumann Ultimate 57 is my go-to preferred rig, i think there is a place for both.

To elaborate a bit on why some players love the RPs (with Richards great patch sets) as a great alternative to an amp mic and pedal sound is that it facilitates multiple harp sounds in a set, not just for replicating a favorite amp mic and pedal sound.

 Perhaps a blind test with Richard at the helm might prove difficult to discern the differences. I don't know one way or another, but the RPs ability to produce some diverse and unique sounds is its huge value to me. That might not have the same appeal for Chicago blues purists who are after a specific crunch and grit.

But for harp players like myself who play other music genres in addition to traditional blues, I use the RP to help keep things fresh and interesting for the audience, the songs, myself and the bandmates.

I just have to remember not to step on the RP in the middle of a song. Can get a bit interesting!

Ross Macdonald

Sent from my iPhone