RE: [Harp-L] Low Wattage Jazz at SPAH

Emile wrote:
> My suggestion is first learn at least all of your majors scales and how the modes relate to them.
> After that the chords in the major scales and play their arpeggios. Cmaj7 Dmin7 Emin7 Fmaj7 G7 Amin7 Bmin7b5.
> Also, this comes in handy when you try to analyze tonal areas in tunes for improvisation.
> Then next I would look at the IImin7 V7 changes in all keys.
---Excellent suggestions. I would add this: learn the blues scale in all 12 keys...Abersold  has a play-along called "Blues in 12 Keys" [or something to that  effect]...and there's a site  called "Learn Jazz Standards" that has blues in all 12 keys, though you'll need to scout around a bit on the site to find it; it's also got a ton of play-alongs, great free site.
http://www.learnjazzstandards.com

As part of your practice, play the blues in one key a day, every day, cycling thru the 12 keys, major and minor.
WVa Bob