Re: [Harp-L] Re: Open Letter to Harp-L from Pocket Full of Soul

I can't believe that a few criticizing comments on one harmonica chat group in this big ol' world would have such an impact as to prevent the release as the comment from PFOS suggests.

"only time will tell"?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Power <stevepower@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 7:09 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Open Letter to Harp-L from Pocket Full of Soul

"And if your intent was to stall the momentum of the campaign and prevent
the worldwide release of Pocket Full of Soul, you may have been successful
... only time will tell."

I don't know much about the references to "negativity" and such apparently
directed at the producers of this film. Something about objections to
wanting the rights to artists original works for free and for perpetuity. As
I understand it this was reversed when the producers were made aware of how
bogus an idea that is or something like that.  I don't have a dog in this
hunt but when this issue was first raised there were some who defended the
producers as simply being ignorant of the way royalties and the like work
which seemed a bit disingenuous to me but sure anything is possible.  Having
said that the quote above sounds a bit paranoid to me and rather calls into
question some possible character issues.  I mean who would benefit from this
film having it's release delayed or not being released at all?  I've never
heard of any competion in the harmonica documentary field but then perhaps
there is some big money floating around that I'm not aware of that the mob
or the Russians are trying to corner.  Maybe a Kickstarter campaing for
aluminum hats is in order. Just saying.