Re: [Harp-L] Diatonic v Chromatic and "Why transpose"

On Sep 2, 2013, at 9:24 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> That's why Mauricio Einhorn has a 12 chromatic set :-) why transpose?
>
> best regards
>
> Leo

doesn't it then become that, with multiple keyed instruments ALL (except stuff in C) has to be transposed?

My harmonica teacher, I think, thinks in concert pitch....and his hands and brain just take care of things for him....and somehow, he knows what keyed instrument he's playing at the time. He says he skips the "thinking" part....

I'm a late starter on this instrument, and even if I live another sixty years (I'll be over 120), I can't see any way I'll learn that.

I play everything on a C chromatic... three octaves.

And I don't do double stops much.....

jk

jonkip.com