Re: [Harp-L] re: Blues jam too big now

Smo-Joe,

Thank you for the compliment! Just sharing my thoughts in general. In no
way would I say that all of this stuff happens all the time. I am mostly
feeding off of the expressions and comments from others in the past. When
the train goes off the tracks I think many wish for their familiar and
comfortable porch! Lets face it everybody will never be 100% happy or
satisfied. SPAH does an excellent job of navigating through the opinions
and personalities and putting on a great event year after year. Your point
about expense and miles of travel is definitely a major concern. For some
the convention is an annual pilgrimage. For many others it is the trip of
their lifetime. Sending them home with smiles is priceless and important
and truly helps preserve & advance the history of our beloved harmonica.

By the way Smokey, you are an awesome jam master! I am proud of two things
I did before exiting SPAH. I suggested/pushed for Michael Rubin and Smo-Joe
to assume their jam master duties. Two "good guys" that show love for the
harp and most importantly for the people!

WB