[Harp-L] Tweed Champ substitute

Hello,

It was good to see the post below,
All the suggestions for amps are reasonable and I add the humble Valco line.
A bunch of videos on youtube were recorded with various three and five tube Valco models that are available wherever vintage gear is sold. I have many and have had Terry Dobbs AKA Mr. Valco at Valcoamp.com and Joe 'Daddy' Warner restore them. Cost wise I get the sound I want and support the green/recycling concept and the local economy keeping my peers employed.
The Kalamazoo option is in the same vein.
A few videos with Valco amps for harp and guitar...
If you play through one of Randy Landry's Lone Wolf Harp Break pedals- even better!

Here is harp through Valco Supreme and guitar through Valco Supreme and Magnatone Clio 415 both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAMANFBWPeQ

Harp through two Valco Supremes and the guitar is playing through a Valco Supreme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chJ-v2K6Bgc

Valco made amps for Gretsch, Montgomery Ward, Oahu, Supro and I will be punished for this because the prices will go up and the poor man's Fender Champ secret is out...

Best regards,

Brian

ORIGINAL POST below:
"From: "Peter S..." <p.stris@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Tweed Champ substitute.

I don't think the list would be complete without the 'Zoo.

Kalamazoo Model 1 or Model 2 (only difference is addition of tremolo on the
Model 2).  Made in the 60's, five watts, 10" speaker.  Great sound.  Greg
Heumann of BlowsMeAway Productions will restore and/or modify with three
prong plug and line out for PA that retains the gritty sound:
http://www.blowsmeaway.com/kalamazoo.html.

Here's Greg jamming through one without any added effects:
http://www.blowsmeaway.com/zoo_sample2.html.

I love mine!

......  Pete in Alaska"