RE: [Harp-L] Substitute for tweed champ

If your into the vintage tube stuff you can pick up a silver face champ at reasonable price. I have a '69 SF that I use more than my '59 tweed. It is my understanding that when CBS bought Fender in 1965, they did not mess around with the circuitry of the smaller amps, champ, princetons etc. Even when they went with SF in late '60s I dont think they messed around with what existed in the small amps until perhaps mid '70s. Just a thought. Looks like you got a lot of good suggestions. My frustration with a small amp is that you are at the mercy of the sound man so when the sound check happens, I leave myself plenty of headroom because and especially jams, the stage volume will tend to creep up. You probably know this already. Good luck. Buck