RE: [Harp-L] Substitute for tweed champ

I'm a big fan of the Harpgear line.  I've got an HG2, recently purchased a Double Trouble and use an HG35 for bigger/louder gigs in larger venues.  Like many people who subscribe to this list, I've owned a bunch of amps over the years and haven't played through anything that beats the HG2 in the small amp category.  I own a pristine '65 Fender Vibro-Champ, which is a lovely little museum piece, but to my ear it can't match the HG2 for tone and punch.  Other smallish amps that I've previously owned but have since sold in favor of the HG2 include: a Sears Silvertone, a couple of Kalamazoo's (great in their own way), a sliverface Princeton and an Ampeg Reverbrocket.  The HG2 has a line out jack should you need it--the way I hold my own with guitar players and work around the feedback problem is to go into the PA when needed.  So...maybe you'll get a chance to test drive one yourself sometime--I'd check it out.

All the best,

John