Re: [Harp-L] American Ace

Hi,When I first started playing, this was the very first one I bought, in the key of G (a key that most instructors will tell you is not a good key to start out with, as C is in a range that is neither too low or high for a beginner), and it wwas ;robably made sometime around the late 60's-early 70's, when I believe Hohner had owned a manufacturing company there, which I believe may be long defunct. Sincerely,Barbeque Bob MaglinteBoston, MAhttp://www.barbequebob.comCD available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bbmaglinte

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Thomas E. McGovern" <tmcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] American Ace
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:34:40 -0400

I just received an older diatonic harmonica from a member of our local
community choir whose husband just died.  It's  a key of C, with " The
American Ace Harmonica" written in cursive on both cover plates.  It has
embossed on both cover plates "Made in Rep of Ireland."  It seems to play
really well.  I've not seen one before, and am curious about its Irish
heritage.  Are harmonicas made in Ireland common, and when may it have been
manufactured?  There are no markings on the outside indicating the
manufacturer, but I haven't yet removed the cover plates.

Tom McGovern

Richmond, MI

Do THIS before eating carbs &#40;every time&#41;
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/52669ff5dae9f1ff452fdst04vuc