[Harp-L] American Ace

I just received an older diatonic harmonica from a member of our local
community choir whose husband just died.  It's  a key of C, with " The
American Ace Harmonica" written in cursive on both cover plates.  It has
embossed on both cover plates "Made in Rep of Ireland."  It seems to play
really well.  I've not seen one before, and am curious about its Irish
heritage.  Are harmonicas made in Ireland common, and when may it have been
manufactured?  There are no markings on the outside indicating the
manufacturer, but I haven't yet removed the cover plates.

Tom McGovern

Richmond, MI