Re: [Harp-L] Re: Valve Tips

Hi Guys

For the first time - I had been very wary of doing this - I soaked some of
my chromatic reed plates to clean their valves and reeds. I am trying to
restore the original playability of a few of my chromatic harps.

Worked great. I would suggest this method to anybody. These harps have not
played this nicely since I purchased them!

I know that many of you do this. Now I am a convert. Here's what I did:

(1) filled glass with warm water and added a few drops of liquid dish
washing soap.
(2) removed reed plates from harp and soaked them for 15 minutes
(3) emptied and rinsed glass then soaked in warm water without soap four 5
minutes
(4) ran strips of coffee filter paper between the valve layers for a bit of
mechanical cleaning
(5) let dry for an hour
(6) plinked each reed twice
(7) reassembled