Re: [Harp-L] Progression

On Oct 7, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Bob Cohen <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI, blues most often employs 7th chords which means the 7th note if flatted. E.g., the G7 chord is spelled G A B C D E _F_ G

Minor correction: the G7 chord is spelled: G B D F.  G A B C D E _F_ G is the G7 chord _scale_. Regardless you can play any of those notes on top of the G7 chord.

Also, remember every harp is tuned to a different key. Therefore, the exact note names associated with each hole vary BUT the holes and "standard" bends as they relate to scale degree remain constant. In a standard tuned harp, the 2 draw is always the root note for the I chord when you're playing second position.

-B

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com