Re: [Harp-L] facial expressions

On Oct 4, 2013, at 1:19 PM, the_jukester@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have to agree with Smokey Joe and Mike Easton. The wild facial contortions used by some musicians (mainly guitarists and drummers, though even some vocalists like those mentioned) instantly turn me off, regardless of the quality of the music. Much of it seems to be part of their act, though I will grant that some is not purposely thought out ahead of time. I get the impression that they are in great pain, and music is not supposed to be promoting pain, at least in my world. Better to listen and not watch. Just MHO.

Whatever works to get out the music. Ever notice some vacuum sealed jar tops come off easily and others require effort and sometimes help from someone else? After you pour the heated spaghetti sauce on to the pasta and put a fork full in your mouth, do you think about the face you made when you struggled with the lid or about the flavor? Same thing with music. :-)

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld