[Harp-L] 2 questions...

Had a loose reed that wouldnt stay in place the other day. Put the plate on a flat surface, and gave the rivet a couple of taps with hard plastic hammer. Seems to be okay, though itâs a spare, and doesnât get played.
Is there anything else youd recommend?
Also, bought a used SP 20 the other day. Took off the covers to take it apart and clean/sanitize and lo and behold......nails instead of screws.
I wouldnt of thought twice about it, but saw another SP 20 on Ebay, also with what looked like nails ( different person ). Any of you customizers experience this?
Did they make them like that for a while? If so, when?
I can always take them out, and use nuts and bolts.

Brian