Re: [Harp-L] Clint Hoover WAS Improving a Hohner Educator 10?

Steve Webb wrote:

> I thought Clint almost always played diatonic.

Clint Hoover has plenty of chromatic harp on record, most notably with his trio record "Dream of the Serpent Dog" and with his recent piano duet record.  "Dream of the Serpent Dog" is an amazing record, with tons of uniquely conceived and brilliantly played jazz chromatic (and guitar and bass); it's one of my favorite jazz harp CDs.

Clint recorded at least one CD with the old-timey Sugar Kings, and he plays mostly diatonic with that group.  But their material isn't as complex harmonically as a lot of his work.

When the harmonizations get tough, the tough get chromatics.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick