[Harp-L] David Naiditch & Jon Kip Playing Coquette Together

Seems hard to believe that Jon Kip and I are both playing chromatic harmonicas on this tune, Django Reinhardt's Coquette.  Our tone, feel, phrasing, and choice of notes are very different.  Whereas Jon is a professional jazz musician, I feel as comfortable playing straight-ahead jazz as a hillbilly in a tuxedo.  To play with Jon, I decided to level the playing field a bit. I had guitarist Jeff Radaich record a Gypsy jazz backup track with that strong percussive rhythm I’ve grown to love.  For some inexplicable reason, Jon agreed to play to this track. I play the head and first solo, Jon takes the second solo, and then we trade off.

SoundCloud:  https://soundcloud.com/david-naiditch/coquette

YouTube Slideshow:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IqhMamp1GU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiXjpZRLwizBae0sgQalwcw