[Harp-L] Re: pitch shifter

Richard, thanks a lot for the very clarifying information!
I've watched to some video reviews of the equipment you mentioned and they
seem to be really great. Also the description you gave of complex wave
packages one can model and chain sound really astonishing, surelly there
are infinite possibilities.

However for now I'm looking for sth as simple and straightforward as a
guitar capo.
A polyphonic pedal that allows one to step up or down the key of the harp
they is playing.

I have harps in every single key and use all of them. I play with a girl
singer and she is great. There are some days she feels like she's singing a
song we are used to play in C up to C# or even D! But also there are days
she sings this same song in B...
Sometimes I think having so many harps in the same tuning is kind of a waste
. If I could shift the key I'm playing on a footswitch I could take
advantage of some other good features harps offer.

So let's assume there is a pedal that shifts the key perfectly for all 11
remaining keys up or down. No timber or intonation loss at all. I'd like to
share my opinion about some points one could get advantage by using this
beast:
* Improved tunings for playing in minor, maj7, jazz, runnings, chords,
crazy deeper bends &c.
* Intonation: choose between e.g 12TET or JI for every key without the need
of having twice the harps.
* Flavor: an out of the box high tuned LO sounds very aggressive if
compared to a GM that has waxed reeds for overblowing, for example;
stainless steel vs brass vs broonze.
* Response: a low F has a very different attack if compared to a regular F
harp; harps with high reed offset for rhythmic chugging vs low offset for
overblows; half valving.
* Easy replacement of a defective harp at gig.
* On the fly pitch shifting
* Smaller case

Putting it simple, one could have a single axe for each feature -- and not
12+!

But the big question is: how would my brain react when I hear myself
playing in Gb while the speaker screams in C?