[Harp-L] Air leakege between comb and reedplate

I always customize harps for me very deep. I flatsand combs, reedplates,
embosse slots for full lenght using microscope, recently started to polish
reeds. So actually I feel it like my fault that I didn't care a lot about
coveplates leakeges. I always thought that as reedplate have a rail for
coverplate it's enough airtight and never worried about it. I was a bit
shocked when noticed what a big amount of air goes between coverplates and
reedplates, especially at 1st and 10th holes. Checking all my harps using
light I've even found some of them (I was not completely happy with!) with
leakege in the middle (because of coverplates which a formed not perfect,
e.g. corner steps outside rail). Using light, vice-grip, pliers and sanding
paper I make much coverplates much better, but I'm also thinkin of some
other way to make this connection more airtight. I see one guy use a strip
of duct tape in the rail of coverplate, but I think it's not good for
coverplate vibration (it seemed to me that harmonica sounds duller,
possible nocebo effect). How do you solve it?

PS Does modernbluesharmonica.com down?
--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
http://borisplotnikov.ru