[Harp-L] RE: Session Steel Don't Buy

I"d recommend you send your broken harps in for a warranty claim. EVEN IF
you do not think they are covered. I've had a lot of companies surprise me
over the years by customer service that goes the extra mile... something
breaks, long after the warranty period is up or on something the warranty
doesn't really apply, I give 'em a call, and they say "No problem; we'll
ship you a new one." Some companies don't care about you one lick, and the
warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. Other companies really do
care about your situation, and even if you don't have a warranty they will
do darn near anything to keep you as a customer and show you that they are
the best. Just a few weeks ago I had a leather sanding belt break after
several years of use. I called up SurgiSharp and told them what happened,
but also said, "I don't remember where I bought this and I'm not even sure
you manufactured it." They mailed me a new belt free of charge. Hey,
"companies" is still just people. Some people are jerks. Some people are
nice. You never know, Seydel might surprise you.