Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Session Steel

Steve, my very favorite all time harmonica is a Marine Band 364/365 in D.  The D is a full octave lower than a standard Marine Band D. After tweaking and sealing I find the D is a pleasure to play for hours, literally. And soooo easy on the breath at low volumes.  Oh, the C and G are also easy but the D really chills my spine. I have been half valving some of them and that brings on another level of pleasure.

I like the Seydel Low and Low Low Sessions and turn to them quite often also.

Lockjaw Larry
Breathing Low music daily

Indeed it has, as the much-loved Sp20 low D (and much-loved by far more people than just me) is no longer made. Unfortunately, the Thunderbird costs just about three times as much. I love taking my harps down to the pub to play but I make no money from my playing, and a collection of 10-hole harps that cost around eighty quid each is way beyond my means.