[Harp-L] Trios. Duos. Singles... Added Value

I don't like at all, my realization that I was frequently a WORKING
professional, and now a Jamming professional. I keep the jamming
connections [in part] in hopes of hearing that next invitation to WORK
music again.

To add value, I am prepping 4 songs to SING at jam visits. Instead of being
an instrumental tag-along, I will call my tunes, keys, tempo, and SOLOS
during my 15 minutes of fame. <grin>

It appears that the working groups in Phoenix are fewer members now,
smaller instead of larger groups. Trios. Duos. Singles. Fewer musicians are
providing more concentrated value, such as multiple instruments, and
vocals.  Fair enough.

I see that more rooms now hire a host band to conduct a jam, rather than
pay them to boogie the night away, because that brings in more butts in
seats, and drinkers, and meal-buyers. So they get paid to rent their PA
gear. I understand.

I don't have a solution. I don't even have a culprit. I AM grateful for
periodic recording sessions, and a good student-base of income. (And I DO
like the people I coach.)

Thanks for reading. I feel better now. (Hey, pass me those pretzels, will
ya?)

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam