[Harp-L] Inspiration?

I am showing my age I guess, but to me the king of the harmonica by an Irish
mile was always Larry Adler. Next came Tommy Reilly - pure bell like tone,
without Adler's fireworks. Sixty odd years ago when I made this judgement,
the ten hole blues harp was not even called a blues harp and I had never
heard of the guys who played it.

Thankfully my ignorance has since been (slightly) reduced by making the
acquaintance of the three members of "Iron Lung": Mick Kinsella, Rick Epping
and Brendan Power. They showed me that - although important - the chromatic
was not "the only instrument in town". Mick also made me aware of another
guy called Howard Levy who I believe to be the "Sean Maguire" of the blues
harp. He  can "make it sit up and talk". Last but not least, this list has
introduced me to a host of other inspirational players including Ricci,
Berthon and others - some of whom even give free lessons on YouTube. Who
needs any more inspiration? It is all out there. Just let's dine daily on
the "Tin Sandwich".

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana