RE: [Harp-L] Dave Therault

I have only met Dave once but have corresponded with him on and off for many years. He seems to be the type of guy that when he chooses to do something it becomes all consuming and he does it to the Nth degree. Whether it is trombone, harp or being a buddhist monk (I ain't making that up) he does it to the exclusion of all else and moves on.

Dave paid me quite a high compliment when we met. He said he was gigging a lot and it was taking a toll on his marriage, much like the trombone did with his high school girlfriends. He said he saw/heard me, a relatively young guy playing great, traditional Blues harp that grew up in Connecticut like him, and felt that Blues and harmonica was in good enough hands that he could take a break. A great compliment and an awesome responsibility, but I gladly accept both from such a great player and interesting and nice fellow.

These days Dave only  gets out when his old buddies like LA Jones or Hash Brown come to play in Connecticut.

Ryan Hartt

Ryan Hartt & The Blue Hearts
www.ryanhartt.com