Re: [Harp-L] New Member Introduction

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Backing Tracks - Jeff, I'll check out Jimi Lee's backing tracks. I'm doing a separate post just asking for backing track suggestions. See & respond to that on this subject.

Over-blow's - Bart I'm sure I understated learning to over-blow, play the entire 3 octave chromatic scale, and play any tune in any key on any harmonica :-) I'll start with just trying to learn to do over-blow's. I'm taping up an old harp this weekend to first to learn to choke the note... then excite the other reed.

Tongue Blocking - Arthur & Winslow, I know your right. Learning to Tongue Block is important. I've actually worked on it a little and will chip away at it over time. Maybe one day I'll get it down.

Chromatic Scale - John,  Your right about this. Just learning to play all the notes in the scale does not an artist make... or as I've heard it... just because you have some paint brushes, some canvas, and a bunch of paint... does not make you a Picasso :-) If being able to play all the notes did it... then all those kids that took years of music lessons to learn how to read & play music wouldn't just be typist... they could actually play. (No, I take it back... learning to read & play is good... just can't stop there)

Accidentals - Gary, your probably right.

Hawkeye - thank you for all your comments.

In fact thank all you guys. Glad to be here !