[Harp-L] YouTube Dilemma – Suggestions appreciated

When wanting to look up a band, artist, or tune, many musicians, including myself, begin with a YouTube search.  This posses a dilemma for me since I don’t perform much, and when I do, it is rarely videotaped, and when it is, something inevitably goes wrong with the taping.  I jam a lot with various musicians, but since we don’t rehearse or work out any arrangements, not everyone wants to be videotaped.

My best recordings were done at studios where I work out arrangements with various guest musicians and we record multiple takes of each tune.  The result, however, is a CD, not a video.  YouTube is considered so important, however, that many recommend that you post the tracks from your CDs, even if all you show is a static photo of yourself or your CD artwork. I find this too boring.  As an alternative, I’ve tried creating videos from my CD tracks by adding slide shows of various jams and performances, sometimes with artwork and a view clips of video, but the result is hardly ideal.   I even tried using a music visualizer, but that seems even less interesting.

Here are samples of my various approaches:

Slide show (my usual approach)

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CQfFktHu7I

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3oc2o7ljY4

Slide show with video clips:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arW5N48urzM

Visualizer:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NaFFRBPOG0

Artwork:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNTDfOidhzk

 Chord charts for instruction:

	    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njLjIlYM02o

Any alternative suggestions you have are appreciated.